The Phoenix Trolley Museum
Car 116
Car 504
Mining Locomotive
Car #116 Phoenix Street Railway car #116 was one of 18 built by the American Car Company of St. Louis, Missouri in November 1928 for the City of Phoenix, at a cost of $13,700 each. The cars entered service December 25, 1928 as part of the City’s renovation of the Street Railway system. These cars traveled 15,673,140 miles on the streets of Phoenix. Number 116, renumbered 508 in later years, was one of the last three to operate.﷯ Drawing by Kyle Coughlin Quick Facts Brill Safety Car — Built in St. Louis in 1928 by the American Car Company. 10 windows on each side. Steel body with wood frame and roof. 39 feet, 11 inches long. Double-ended for operation without loop tracks at the end of the line. 40 reversible seats. Wired for 600 Volts DC electric current. (Today’s METRO Rail runs on 750 Volts.) Westinghouse air brakes. The Museum acquired this car in 1975, and restoration began with the assistance of the Arizona Historical Society and the generous help of the El Zaribah Shrine Temple Guard. Additional restoration has proceeded with support from our Members and many Friends of the Museum. We hope you will consider joining us in bringing a part of Phoenix history to life!
Car 504 More to Come!
Mining locomotive More to Come!

25 West Culver Street - Phoenix, Arizona 85004

Open Saturdays 9 AM- 4 PM  October through May